Wednesday, July 12, 2006

DVR Drama

As I've mentioned here, my dad had been ridiculously pained by the unreasonable bills Comcast had been slapping him with. Therefore, he switched to a less-than-awesome cable provider namely Dish. No, I'm not really straight-forwardly trashing the network, but for reals, its remote control is anything but user-friendly. I hate it.

But I have no choice. I had to dutifully agree with my dad, and challenge myself into memorizing the channels and the buttons and the settings and the themes and the whatsofuckinelse...all over again! I swear, I was extremely in-love with my old DVR. It had a loadsome of genius TV of my preferred genre, yet I unwillingly scrapped them for this new, needless to say, unattractive DVR from Dish. Ugh!

Anyway, it's been quite sometime since I stayed up this late. I used to have the weirdest sleeping habit (8am-6pm, seriously), but school, the new house, and my new room without the computer in it, were enough provocation for me to put an end to that eye-bug inflator. But... My mom, all of a sudden, has decided to buy another computer... And heck yes, it's for ME! *angels sing* Siguro para wala na siyang kaagaw. Thank God because I've been waiting for this (since I don't have a job *pokes head*). The only catch though is that, I have to continue yielding the temptations of soaking my eyes til the wee hours of the morning. A fair compromise, I guess. But... I can't promise, hehehe.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

dito sa atin mahal na rin ang cable subcription, for a silver connection (which is almost standard) ay nagbabayad ako ng 8,000 pesos for 6 months. mahal no?

Anonymous said...

8am to 6pm sleep? Whoa! Daysleeper huh?

Anonymous said...

me too...i was up coz i tried to catch the 10pm encore of PR! and then i got caught up tweaking my blog. ha! exhausting...

how's PR? i've missed it so much..

Anonymous said...

was here :)

Anonymous said...

new computer for a garbage dish . fair enough , i think. just download new movies in your pc. you'll enjoy them.

KAI said...

Cruise
8k for 6 months? Woah, that's a lot.

Vayie
Whatelse. (;

Deb
I love your new layout, girl! So neat! I DVR-ed the season premiere, missed it too. But I've already seen the intros, will watch the rest later this afternoon.

Elle
Hey!

John
I have a bunch of movies in the computer, classic basketball too. But I would always prefer Encore and AMC over some illegal torrents, lol. And I got free HBO too, the only thing I like about Dish.

Anonymous said...

i do have to agree with you. although we didn't have a DVR when we were Comcast subscribers (we're with Time Warner now), it was EXTREMELY easy to find things i wanted to watch. don't worry, you'll get used to that new remote. you just have to, right? hehe.

congrats on your new computer =)

Anonymous said...

i can see some bigger eyebags coming *lol*

Anonymous said...

KAI - move to canada. we get all satellite feeds free . all types , all channels. maybe then u'll watch canadian idol !

KAI said...

Laureen
Yeah. I gotta. Boo! Lol.

Jaz
Oh, cut it out! Haha! d:

Nike
Really? That sounds devious, haha. I would love to move there, got relatives who reside there too. But I'm afraid I might not be able to survive the cold.

Anonymous said...

ya, it's kinda early to play favorites. but there's this pretty classic-looking girl, only 24 i think... her face is angelic..hehe should have been a model...hehe

yup loved the first show...

KAI said...

Debbie
Is it Allison? I still don't know some of them, but if I were to pick a favorite, I'd say Uli (the german) right off the bat. Her dress was stunning, in my opinion, that's why I was slightly surprised it didn't make the top 3.

Anonymous said...

hi karlita?! share your SNME experience with me OK? mis yah.. :8hugs*

KAI said...

Jen
Just posted it. (;